It’s easy to become a member. Start here so we can help your business thrive. View membership benefits.
Huntington, W.Va., <September 17, 2019>: Eleven Jenkins Fenstermaker attorneys have been named to the 2020 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Additionally, James W. “Mac” Heslep, Of Counsel with Jenkins Fenstermaker, has been named Lawyer of the Year. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the
media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list
was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in America list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They
are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise, and undergo an authentication
process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
"Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary
accomplishments of those in the legal profession. We’re honored that our peers throughout the legal field have given our colleagues such high regard and are proud of these honors,” said Steve Wellman, CEO of Jenkins Fenstermaker.
Jenkins Fenstermaker would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2020 The Best
Lawyers in America list:
• Wesley F. Agee - Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Stephen J. Golder - Real Estate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, Business
Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Commercial Transactions / UCC Law
• Lee Murray Hall - Insurance Law
• James W. “Mac” Heslep - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
• Charlotte A. Hoffman Norris - Health Care Law, Litigation - ERISA, Employment Law -
• Brian S. Lindsay - Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
• Thomas E. Scarr - Commercial Litigation, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Litigation - ERISA, Litigation - Labor and Employment, Litigation - Construction, Employment Law - Management
• Robert H. “Bo” Sweeney - Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Construction, Mass Tort Litigation / Class
Actions - Defendants
• Barry M. Taylor - Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
• Steven K. Wellman - Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
In addition to the honorees from the firm as Best Lawers, James W. “Mac” Heslep was honored by Best Lawyers as the 2020 "Lawyer of the Year" for Workers' Compensation Law - Employers in the
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the "Lawyer
of the Year," making this accolade particularly significant. These lawyers are selected based on
considerably impressive voting averages received during the peer review assessments.
Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading
lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism,
and their integrity.
Jenkins Fenstermaker, PLLC, provides representation in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio, backed by more than 90 years of legal experience. Clients can find attorneys dedicated to quality, detail-oriented representation in business and commercial law; wills, trusts and estates; litigation; and labor and employment law.